So the grown ups chatted and got all caught up, laughing at how babies turn your world upside down, change your routines, priorities, sleep schedule, eating habits, and pretty much everything. And then agreeing it was the best thing that had ever happened to us. Smile.
This guy has been such a great friend to my husband...from the time they were wild, swingin' bachelors singing karaoke (kinda glad I wasn't around for that..) to sharing our weddings, and now new babies. He can cook, has an awesome golf swing, cracks us up, and plays a mean game of Catch Phrase (more on that later).
His beautiful wife with their bundle. This guy is the cutest! He has a dimple that evokes an audible "ooh" from everyone when he flashes his smile. His Momma was my first real friend when I moved here. I miss our walks and talks. I just plain miss her.
Did I mention this guy was funny? They just couldn't hold it together... Just brought back such good memories of all the fun we used to have. Reminded us that we need to hop in the car and make time for this. We will this summer.
Ok, maybe if we give them something to hold....
Gift from a friend. Thank you.
Hey Buddy, let's play!
Us gals do our fair share of cutting up too, but we can hold it together for a picture...ahem...
Best and I are actually both part Irish. And we all like to celebrate, anything really. So Best whipped up some corned beef and cabbage for dinner and I made us Shamrock Shakes for dessert. Best and I have been forced to drink them several times this week as I perfected the recipe. Smile.
Let the games begin! We LOVE this game and after Best and I beat once we decided to go Mommas against Pappas and well...I'll be fair and admit the boys won. I have done some thinking on this and have come to the conclusion that while I'm sure our clues were much better, it just takes us too long to get out all we have to say. Cause we're women. I'm sure the boys would agree.The morning called for coffee and breakfast burritos while we watched the new friends play. What a great way to start the day.
It was hard to let them leave.
Not goodbye, just see ya later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!