This week started out rainy and Peanut and I were a little sad that we were going to have to stay indoors Monday...until we got a call that a friend would be stopping over to play! Seems a friend's babysitter had fallen through at the last moment. We were happy to help, but most of all happy to have the company of this very sweet little boy.
I thought it would be fun to get some pictures of the boys playing together, but at this age its difficult. They are absorbed in their own world...engaged in what the baby psychologists call "parallel play" as seen in above picture. The pic below is when I called Peanut over...yikes! Don't worry, I caught him just in time. Although I wasn't really worried, Peanut loves his friends. Thinking maybe he was just going to fix his hair? Smile.
We had a fun, busy week with baby class, playdates, Little Gym, and even some walks when the sun made an appearance. But lo and behold Saturday it was raining again. So in leiu of our planned family walk, Best stayed home with Peanut while I ventured to the 75% off sale at the thrift store. Here is Peanut reaping the rewards:
I was so excited to find this! You might remember from a previous post that Peanut loves to flip things. He was fascinated with this colorful "flipping machine". Thats part of the fun you know. When you get the toys without the box you have no idea what the actual name is so you get to call them whatever you want, like flipping machine.
And every happy household needs a little music. Especially on a rainy day.As I was digging through the music bin at the store I came across some recorders. I think everyone has played these at some point. Most likely in elementary school. But who still remembers how to play "Mary had a Little Lamb" like a champ? My Best of course. Smile.
This inspired Peanut, but unfortunately it seemed he has inherited his musical talent from his mother...ahem...
Today we headed out to a birthday party. The weather cooperated and we had fun catching up with friends.
It was a surprise party and we were a little early so Best suggested stopping to snap a few pictures. God, I love that man!
"Can we get in Mommy?"
Soon Peanut, soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!