Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nature's Last Smile

 
There is a sign up at Peanut's "big boy school" that says, "Fall: nature's last smile."  Not sure I agree entirely with this statement since the first snowfall is pretty amazing, but I think I know what the author meant.  Fall is easy.  It's a beautiful change of season that gently reminds us that there is winter to come.  Can you imagine if there was no Fall before Winter?  Just Summer right into full on Winter?  Oh my... that would be rough.  Yes, the winter is colder here than where I'm from...and yes, it is much longer.  You need things like heavy coats, mittens, boots, shovels, and I am now the proud owner of a snowblower!  But there are wonderful things about it too.  Like the first snow fall, how cute the kids look all bundled up, neighborhood bonfires, and outdoor ice skating.  Sometimes I feel like I live in a place that only existed in books before I moved here.  I am glad though, that before we bundle up and face the cold that we have this lovely time of year called Fall.  The beauty of it amazes me each year and I can't believe some of the scenes that unfold right outside our door.  Here is Peanut enjoying the leaves down the street from our house. 





 
 Happy Fall Yall!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! He is definitely a big boy now! Its amazing how one moment, they look like your baby and the next, they are a little boy :-) He is a cute little man and hope you enjoy using your snowblower at your very own house this winter!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!