Here is Peanut and Gammie on the sofa after a game of Hi Ho Cherrio. We had so much fun playing games, going to the park, Chic fil a, and watching Wheel of Fortune (Peanut calls it "The Letter Game") each night. The biggest surprise of all was when Aunt Mimi arrived and Peanut got a gift from her and Gammie and Papa. A remote controlled Zamboni! Wowzer! If you know my Peanut you know he is Zamboni crazy and this was a great gift. I am so sad I didn't get a picture of Peanut and Aunt Mimi but we expected her to stay for another day and I was going to take some, but the storm hit fast and furious and she had to get up very early and head back home. The storm shut down the airports and practically everything else for 2 days, but we had good company, games, toys and a big bucket of Blue Bell ice cream so we were quite content. Smile.
My beach pictures did not turn out quite as I had hoped. I'm not sure if it was the storm, but everything was just kind of gray...and it was too cold for cute beach clothes. But we made the best of it and got down about three times. I took my camera once and did get a few shots. The fun thing will be to look back over the years and see how he has grown since our first trip last year. This year was his last trip as an only child too! Here he is talking to the seagulls.
I love those curls. Putting off that first haircut as long as I can...
Telling the waves to stop. Funny thing is, he actually seemed kind of surprised when they didn't.My sweet father in law wasn't feeling well that day but managed to make it to the beach for his annual picture with Peanut. What a guy. Not much slows him down.
Finding treasures on the beach.
I really dropped the ball on beach toys this year. We have plenty packed away at home but I forgot to pack them! Thank goodness we had brought the Handy Manny dump truck. It was good for scooping sand and collecting shells. It was a great trip and we are so appreciative of Gammie and Papa's hospitality and love.
Have a great week friends and family!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!