Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easter Fun!

 
We had a great Easter this year.  It was so fun to get out as a family of four for the first time to celebrate Spring and new beginnings.  Seemed quite fitting with Sister in tow.  A week before Easter we went to an egg hunt at a local church.  It was kind of a rainy day, but there was plenty to do inside and the sun did come out long enough for Peanut to hunt with the other kids in the hay pile.  I was thinking it wasn't so bad when I remembered last year's egg hunt in the snow!

 It was so much fun watching him hunt.  He wasn't nearly as greedy as we thought he'd be.  Best and I were laughing that each time he bent down to pick up an egg about 2 rolled out of his basket!  The eggs that they hunted were actually empty.  We turned them in for a treat bag when we got inside. 
 The next day we dyed eggs at home.  Best helped him while I took pictures and tended to Sister.  He was very neat...another shocker!


 Easter morning hunt at home.  Best hid all the eggs the night before and got up very early and was wearing bunny ears when I woke up.  He always makes me laugh.  I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of it!  After we assured Peanut the Easter bunny had left the premises, he got busy hunting.
 When he picked up the first one he looked at me and said excitedly, "Mom!  I hear something rolling around in there!"  Yep... the home eggs have candy in every one.  Smile.


 We continued our tradition of two Easter baskets.
 Dressed up for Easter dinner at Gammie and Papa's house.
 I was so happy to find this Easter dress for Sister. I had to get it when I saw it came with matching bloomers!  I made her headband too and I think she looks so cute!
 Hope your Easter was full of fun and yummy surprises too!  Have a great week friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!