Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Kamp Dels fun

 

Every year it gets better.  Camping, and well, just life in general. I will give my yearly disclaimer now: by camping I mean that we are in a cabin and cooking over a camp fire.  No tents here folks...not this year anyways. My favorite part is the fire.  I think it's Best's favorite part too.

 
Of course what made this year so special was that it was Sister's first trip with us.  She just fell right into the groove of things and added to the fun.  Who says camping isn't for babies?
 One cool thing was the new playground they opened this year.  It was a complete surprise to us and we took full advantage!
 The weather was perfect.  Just the first taste of crisp fall air with no rain!
 I love bare toes warming by the fire. One of the reasons we love Kamp Dels is that there are lots of activities.  Here we are miniature golfing. 
 Well, one of us is sleeping...smile.
Best was in charge of planning and cooking all the meals on the camp fire and he did a great job!  We did have homemade waffles the last morning so I let him use a waffle maker...

I did contribute one item to the menu and it turned out great.  Blueberry muffin mix in an orange rind cooked over the fire.  Yum!
The table was too high for Peanut when he was on the bench so Best set him up like this to eat.  He is such a good Daddy and comes up with great solutions.

 
And of course when you camp you must eat S'mores. The official food of camping.  Although I just like plain roasted marshmallows myself.  Lots of them.

It was nice in addition to the playground to have these swings and a sandbox right behind the cabin.  My proudest moment of the trip was one morning when Peanut woke up, looked out the bedroom window and said, "Hey Mom! I see the letter A! It's on the swingset." 
He is becoming so aware of the world around him and loves nature.  He told us that his favorite part of the trip was the animals.  Some wild and some in cages that you could feed and pet!
 
The evenings were so pretty too.  We kept the kids on their regular schedule and had them in bed early both nights. Good sleep for them and fun by the campfire for Best and I.  Lots of laughs and too many marshmallows.  It was perfect.

This is a picture of early Sunday morning, our last day of camping.  I had told Peanut if he stayed in his bed he could have a marshmallow for breakfast and he earned it!  He was so cute and excited that he and I were the first ones up and outside in our pajamas.
The last day we headed over to Sakatah State Park for some hiking and a nature scavenger hunt.  The day before we left I had decided to make Peanut a scavenger hunt and when I showed Best the bags later he mentioned that he had been thinking the same thing!  Great minds as they say...
So many things to find.
A stick that looks like a "Y"!

I love these steps.  Two years ago I took my tripod and we used the camera remote to get a family picture.  I do miss having a shot of us all together.  Maybe next year...
But I love these we got and we have family pictures scheduled soon. 
Hope you are enjoying the fall and the cool, crisp air! Have a great week friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!