Monday, November 3, 2014

Thankful

 
 I am not much of a Halloween gal I'll just admit.  In fact, by the time Halloween rolls around I am planning my Thanksgiving menu and making Christmas lists.  Those are the holidays that really get me going.  Thanksgiving becomes more meaningful every year and my blessings just keep adding up.  I am so thankful for the man I married.  I can't imagine a more wonderful life than I have. 
 Our little family is now complete and it feels just right.  I am plenty busy with these two little ones but we still have plenty of one on one time and a good pace to our days.  My heart is full.


I have so much to be thankful for even in addition to my wonderful family.  The picture below is of our mantel.  It represents the home I'm so thankful for, and it's quickly filling up with crafts I have made.  Some are from my monthly craft night.  The friendship and fellowship we enjoy on those nights is good for my soul.  The little Thankful banner is something I made this week.  I wanted some way for our family to write little notes about what we are thankful for and then read them later.  I've snuck my first note to Best in already.  Smile.
Teaching Peanut to be thankful for our blessings is something that's very important to me too.  We talk about what we have and why, how we can show appreciation, and how we can share with others.  He is really in the spirit and looks forward to filling up his thankful tree. So far he has "friends", "Mommy", "Daddy", and "Bree". I am thankful the previous owner left us this chalkboard.  We have lots of fun with it!

This is just a funny side note: Daylight savings time was this past weekend and despite my efforts to explain it to Peanut he could not quite grasp it.  It did have an effect on him however.  At 5:35 tonight he looked out the window and said,"Ooooh! Thanks for letting me stay up extra late tonight Mom!"   UH....ok... So here he is at 6:20 pm with his jammies on and he was tucked in at 6:45. Just 15 minutes early but he was convinced it was very late. He makes me laugh everyday and I am thankful for that.  And you, friends and family.  I am thankful for you.  Have a great week and let someone know you are thankful for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!