Saturday, December 19, 2015

Here Comes Santa Claus

This was an exciting year for Peanut as it was the year he worked up his courage to talk to the big guy in the red suit!   Two years ago he didn't want to get within 10 feet of anyone wearing red this time of year, last year we worked up to a wave, and by golly this year he just announced he was ready to climb right up on his lap!
They had a good conversation about bedtime and batteries...I was eavesdropping, smile 
This year was Sister's year to be a bit wary although as you can see here she was lured in with a candy cane for just a moment!  She kept repeating "Daddy hold me" when we had talked about it earlier in the day.  I was happy that she was not terrified though, and really not even nervous like Peanut had been.  She just didn't want to sit on his lap. 
I really like this Santa.  I have a picture of him holding a tiny 6 month old Peanut.   Great memories.
Meanwhile our elf Jack has been sneaking around the house getting into mischief.  Not causing too much trouble, but definitely making himself at home.  He's been into the marshmallows and now he's using our internet!
It's been unseasonably warm, which is good in some ways and bad in others.  We all (except Dad) have said we miss the snow, but it does make for easy winter driving and encourages us to get out of the house for more trips.  Here we are at the Zoo with our friend Noah.
On the Minnesota trail.  I love this part of the zoo because although it's covered the walkways are open air so you get the feeling of being outside without total exposure to the elements.
This is the way we spend the afternoons we don't have school or get out.  In our comfy clothes curled up with books.  It's our favorite thing to do.  I'm so happy I have these little loves to do it with!
Hope you're enjoying a nice snuggly December and relaxing with a favorite book too!  Have a great week friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!