Monday, March 28, 2016

Lordy! Lordy! Look Who's Forty!

 
I am so happy and excited to be forty.  It may be just a number, but I'm proud of it and I am exactly where I want to be at "middle age".  My sweet family surprised me with this cake and I loved it!
 I wish Best was in this picture but he's holding the camera of course.  I appreciate him helping the children with their surprises and they were so good at keeping it to themselves!
 Between each bite Sissy said to no one in particular, " I like cake."
 Best told me that Peanut said the cake should definitely say "Mommy" instead of "Layne".  Smile.
 The kids keep a journal for me and do different entries for special occasions and holidays.  I loved this one and the funniest of the forty things they love came from Sis: "her feet". 
 Our sweet boy is getting so grown up and we are having fun doing big kid stuff with him.  He chooses someone to play checkers with each evening and Best and I agree it's one of our favorite times of the day. 
 And Sis and I share some pretty special girl times too.  She  LOVES to talk and her favorite phrases right now are "I have to show (or tell) you something" and (after a big recanting of a previous event) "remember that?".  She does remember everything so be careful what you promise her, she will hold you to it!
 When I said I'm exactly where I want at forty I meant it.  Raising two wonderful children with a man I love so much.  Life is good and it's only getting better.
 I had to include this last picture and although it wasn't a birthday gift it was a wonderful gift to us.  Grandpa Chuck made us a really cool 3D book about our adventure at NASA that included pictures of us as well as lots of learning and fun facts about space.  The whole family has enjoyed it and don't we look cool in our 3D glasses?
Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special.  My Best is treating me to dinner and a show (Beauty and the Beast) and Gammie and Papa have graciously offered to babysit.  I got such generous birthday checks from Mom and Dad, Grandma Gene, and Bill and Char that will all go towards fixing up our new house!  I'm looking forward to another forty and then some, take care friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!