1408 4th st. Se. The "old" place...that didn't really seem very old. We just lived there 2 and 1/2 years in fact. When we moved in, and pretty much the whole time we lived there, I insisted I would never move. But when Best told me he was longing for more elbow room I understood and gave him the difficult task of finding his dream property within minutes of my favorite parks, school, library and the grocery store. And by gosh he did it in record time! So goodbye to this house, fast paced life in the "big city" and on to our little country estate. Smile.
Although so many significant moments happened in this house, like bringing home Sister, I know the kids will have fuzzy memories of it because they are still so young. Hoping these pictures will help them remember this place where we completed our family.

Front entry and "reading room." It was actually probably supposed to be the formal dining room but we had the fish tank in there, our little "reading/snack table, a ton of books, and it's where the Christmas tree lived during the holidays. Three fun Christmas mornings in that room.

The kitchen. I really loved this kitchen. The island was the perfect size and lots of room for more than one cook in the kitchen! The Cambria countertops were amazing and the pantry was a great size too. I even decided I loved the black sink I wasn't so fond of when we moved in. I guess some things grow on you...
The living room. I loved these floors with the stained borders and the two complimenting paint colors. I always missed vaulted ceilings a touch and definitely would've liked a fan, but we had many cozy fun times in front of that fire place and that is the room I was in when I said to Best, "Ok, I think I need to go to the hospital now, the baby is coming!"The office. I liked the big window, the stripes not so much, but never got around to painting them. I guess I figured they went with the other paint and well, painting is for the birds!
I remember the night I put these letters up. I always sing this song to the kids and I was actually making a stencil for a painted sign but when I peeled the vinyl up I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away. We read it often and it was a good way to start and end our days.
The kids bath. I feel like I spent a lifetime on that floor while they bathed. Peanut likes extra long baths and they don't bathe together due to bubble preferences....smile.
Sissy's room. It was a yellowish beige with a blue ceiling when we moved in and then we didn't find out she was a girl until she was born so we lived with that blue ceiling for about 8 months. I love the color we picked and might use it again when we finish her room in the new house. We did paint it ourselves and although it's a pain it saves so much money!
Hayden's room. Again, I thought I would paint over the stripe until we realized it was Trojan red and well, he is a huge New Prague hockey fan so I stifled my urge to grab a paint can...ok, it wasn't really that hard! I feel like he grew up so much in this room. He moved in at 2 years and 5 months and was 4 years and almost 11 months when we moved out. Big big changes during that time! From Winnie the Pooh sheets to Transformers pretty much sums it up. One constant was hockey and we played so many games with those mini hockey players and that ice mat we should be in the record book!
The view from his window. We would often look out waiting for Matt to come home and see how high we could count while we waited. And always watched the trash and recycling trucks. Birds too.
Our bedroom. Not much to this one. A decent place to rest after a long day but we are so happy to trade in that window we could never open for the great view we have now!
Our basement. Such a great playspace for the kids and the scene of many great playdates and parties. We loved the flooring and plan on doing something similar in the new house!
The rest of the basement. This was where we had an air hockey table and where the guys watched hockey. Again, it was a great space for us but I'm happy the new place is a walk out on to a private lot.

And here is what we moved into the garage for the movers to save time and money. They came in and loaded up the big stuff and got most of this in too.
And then we took what was left in this truck. It was exhausting. But isn't moving always that way?

And here's one of the main reasons we did. Although we loved our house, we found one we loved as much but in a setting we loved twice as much. I mean, there are better views than this...
like this perhaps...smile. And then when you find it 2 miles away...well, it took a little convincing but not much.
So goodbye to 1408, thank you for hosting some wonderful memories.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!