Saturday, September 24, 2016

Summer Wind Down

 
I really enjoyed Peanut's soccer games this year.  The weather was nice and it was so relaxing to be outside watching him have fun and also there were so many friends for Sister too!  Here she is with my very good friend Heather's daughter Zoey.

And here is our soccer star.  It was his first year and he loved it.  And I think he was pretty good too!
And of course he looked super cute doing it!
Tough I mean...smile.
I loved the way they ran the practices.  My friend Suzanne was one of Peanut's coaches and she is so great with the kids.  They spent part of the time on skills but always left enough time for a "game."  And with no goalie there was plenty of scoring!  They loved that part!

And plenty of summer days were spent like this...
And this...
And this might be one of my favorite pictures of all time, ha!  he was asking me to take a picture of him but she said "I will be in it too" and ran right in front of him.  He is not pleased.
Another fun thing that happened was that a friend shared a new bed with Sister.  We had the princess sheet set so now we have the matching bed.  Thanks Melanie!

 
I love that sometimes after breakfast she will just say "I'm going to rest in my bed with the door open" and snuggle up and read.  Peanut does this too but usually on the floor and when it gets really quiet I sometimes find them in the same room both looking at books.  Makes me so happy.

Another summer activity (although we love this place at Christmas time too) is the Landing.  This particular weekend  the houses were open and the residents of the town were celebrating the Eagle Creek town fair!
The school house is always a favorite and the kids like to sit in the desks and write on the slates with soapstone. 
It's so much easier now without the stroller!  Sister and I wore our fanny packs and Peanut was kind enough to carry our snacks in his back pack.  No more trying to fold up the stroller and get it onto the trolley!
Some of the townspeople really stay in character and that makes it so fun!  Lots of times the women are in the kitchen cooking and at this house the lady needed more wood for her fire.  She said to Peanut, "Now if you were my son I'd have you out hauling wood in for the fire."  Well, say no more he was on the job with Sister to help.  He felt so proud to contribute.
And this gentleman was so kind and after playing a little Johnny Cash at our request, he gave each kid a fiddle lesson! 
Sister doesn't have a shy bone in her body and her go to line is "I will do that too"...and she does!
We had such a full, fun summer.  It seems like a million years ago that it started with our big trip to South Dakota.  I'm excited for Fall now and that's one of my favorite things about Minnesota.  Each season brings new weather, activities and adventure.  Hope you're ready for your next adventure!  Have a great week friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!