Sunday, July 29, 2012

Catching Up

With the Mayers...
I love these guys.  No matter how long it's been, we just catch up right where we left off and it feels so natural.  I am so at home with them and Peanut has now joined our fun.
Can't believe Jackson will start kindergarten this year!  Time flies...he is showing Peanut lots of new things!
Ruth Anne is so well spoken, kind, and just gets prettier every year.  She is just like her Mama!
They bought Peanut gifts:  a toy Thomas train car and a piggy bank.  They are showing him how to use the latter.  He is catching on!  Best and I will have to start picking up our spare change...

He and Jackson had a "noodle fight"...it was so funny.  I'm pretty sure Jackson let him win.  Smile.

We enjoyed our day at the pool with them, and Tessa cooked us an awesome spaghetti dinner.  Peanut must have really felt at home because he went right to sleep without a peep.  The kids watched a movie and the grownups lounged on the sofas, ate too much ice cream, and caught up on old times.  Omg it was so great...Tessa's husband is so nice and I always enjoy catching up with him too.  I slept great and it was so fun to wake up there and watch the kids play in their pjs while we drank coffee.  
We headed to the Farmer's Market later that morning for some more food and fun. So glad that I will be seeing them again before I leave!

Catching up.....with the McCarleys:
I was so happy to see my dad's brother and his family again this trip.  Last time was wonderful, but this time was a little more complete because my cousin Kenny was able to join us and I had not seen him since I moved away.  So glad to get to visit with him and he is just as kind and funny as ever.
 They soon found out Peanut is heavier and squirmier than last visit!  He can do more too...like pull beautiful long blonde hair.  The girls got hair ties from their mom. Smart girls. Smile.
It was time for a pool rematch.  Here are the participants studying up.  There were teams and each won a game.  Sounds like there will need to be a tie breaker next visit.  Just wait until Peanut learns.  Right now he just looks cute on top of the table.
and here he is on the sofa in the lounge...this is a new face he is making and it cracks me up!
His shirt says "I'm kind of a big deal".  As if we didn't know, ha!  The girls were so sweet to play with him and   made a sign for our fridge that said how much they loved him.


 They both gave him kisses good night and patted his little head. I just love their tender hearts.  And I love the parents, uncles, and grandma and grandpa that have raised them to be this way.  
While the men played pool the ladies talked about family, books, and raising kids.  I love how our conversation flows and the "do you remember the time" beginnings that let you know even if you do remember it is a story worth hearing again.  I think my Aunt Patsy has convinced me to read David Copperfield.  If you see me don't ask if I have read it yet.  You won't need to because when I do actually get around to reading a 900 page book, EVERYONE will know. Smile.
  We all reconvened after the pool games and had fun sharing stories.  I am hoping that the next time we have our family party that Best will be there and also my cousin Debby's husband.  She is also married to a very hardworking man that makes sacrifices so she can stay at home with her daughters.  She is so appreciative and I know exactly how she feels.  
  Here is one last pic taken that day that I just love.  
I am so thrilled that my mom and dad are getting so much time with Peanut while we are here.  I really meant what I said in the very first post titled "I Miss You Everyday".  It just fills my heart with joy to see them hold him and play with him.  We are here for five more days of fun!  Have a great week friends and family. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!