Thursday, October 25, 2012

Close enough to hug!

     My parents are always close in my heart, and Peanut and I talk about them often.  We look at pictures and remember fun times with them, we talk about when we will ride on the big airplane again, and we love to video chat whenever we get the chance.  But there is just nothing like a hug from Grandma and Grandpa, and we were so happy that they flew up to give us lots of love and make some memories last week.
We celebrated Grandpa Chuck's Birthday the night they arrived. I was so happy to get to make a cake for him and we all enjoyed it all week!
Our first adventure was to the arboretum and I love this photo of Mom and Dad.  They are birders/naturalists and I know they will teach Peanut alot about nature and it's inhabitants.
 Peanut has developed a great affection for cats.  He was a little skeptical of these until Grandma Sharon showed him they would be quite still for petting.
 I really enjoyed all the little trips we took, but some of my favorite moments were times like these.  In pajamas playing music.


 We had some cold weather while they were here, but Sunday was beautiful and we enjoyed the sunshine.
 We went to the zoo that sunny day and Peanut enjoyed showing them around. 

We always had an aquarium when I was growing up.  They are so peaceful and beautiful.  Maybe Peanut will have an aquarium....someday. Smile.
and just because I wasn't sure if I had enough pictures of Peanut eating an apple....
 We went back to the orchard, which just happened to be close to Emma Krumbee's, which just happened to be close to Minnesota's largest candy store...you get the picture!

 My beautiful mother.  Peanut, you better thank her for those baby blues! 

It was hard to let them go, but we will be planning another visit soon.  So happy we got them up to share our life here with them.  Love you Mom and Dad! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Layne :) Glad you and your parents had a good visit. And your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!