Friday, November 9, 2012

17 months old

 
My dear Peanut is 17 months old today.  I am so proud of the little man he is becoming.  How tender he is when I ask him for "a kiss for Mommy please", how obedient he is when "it's time for clean up", how absolutely ecstatic he gets when "Daddy's home!", and how funny he is when he does his fake snoring routine.  As of late he likes to crawl up on our big bed where the tickle monster attacks, then he will tell me when he is "all done" being tickled and say "Daddy night night" and pretend to sleep on Best's pillow (this is where the fake snoring takes place.) The most wonderful thing is how much we can really communicate now. I love that he can use a combination of signs and words to ask for things and that I can better understand where his thoughts are.

 
He loves to play with Furry Pants and tickle his paws.   Our dog should win some sort of Nobel Peace Prize for canines.  F.P. seems to know that Peanut means well and is a part of our family that we love, and enjoys the companionship of his little friend.
 

After much stain removing, Peanut now eats topless.  Why didn't I think of this sooner?  I did, but it just seemed so uncouth... I have gotten over that. Smile
Admiring his reflection in the dishwasher...
...and the oven.  Actually Peanut is very helpful in the kitchen and he loves to unload the dishwasher...regardless of whether the dishes are dirty or clean.
This just made me smile the other morning because he looked so grown up "reading" the back of the box. (Don't hate on our Olympic Cereal btw, got em on clearance for 2$ and they're good thru May 2013!)
Too cool and always on the move.
The weather is crisp and cool now and the skies are so blue. 
Peanut loves to say hi to the neighbors and they are so friendly to him.  There are several cats on our street and he is always signing "cat" and looking for them.


 I know the day is coming when he won't want to hold Mommy's hand, but I am enjoying the fact that right now he graciously accepts it. 
Have a great week friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!