I had been craving a little field trip with my Peanut so this week we hit up the aqaurium at the mall. Kind of strange to think that all these exotic sea creatures make their home directly below The Gap...but kind of cool too. Peanut loved it and here he is trying to tickle a fish. I know that is what he was doing because he was saying "tickle" as he moved his hands...what a clown.
Close enough to reach...well almost. I wanted to get a picture of him touching one, but that will have to wait til we have Best with us. I did dangle him over the edge and he loved getting his hands in there.This was a really cool room. There were several tall tanks filled with these gorgeous creatures illuminated by colored lights.
An aquarium is a tough place to take pictures...low lights, no flash allowed, reflective surfaces, moving objects...ok, those are my excuses. But he loved it and Im glad I have a few to remember his first trip there.
This was my favorite part. We were looking through a somewhat small window that connected to a much larger part of the aquarium and I didn't see anything at first, but right as we were about to move on three of these magnificent turtles glided out from behind some rocks.
This guy (or gal) was so still I wasn't sure if it was real. But I'm pretty sure it was. I think...
And what a combo: Legoland just happens to be under the very same roof! Some other children had the legos all wrong. I know this because as soon as we got there Peanut looked at them and said "No, no, no" and got straight to work. Really, what were those other kids thinking? Smile.
It couldn't have gone any better. We packed a lunch and enjoyed it before we headed home. We rolled in right in time to feed FP (he likes his schedule) and have some time with Daddy before bed. Hope you have a little adventure of your own this week. Have a great one friends and family!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!