Friday, May 24, 2013

Mother's Day Roughing It

We went camping Mother's Day weekend.  I had looked forward to going back since we left last September.  We don't really rough it...we don't hunt or fish or set up tents...but that's ok because we are still away , but together.  Here is Peanut as soon as I let him out of the car.  He was quickly headed right for the cabin!
 And here is Best unloading while I take pictures...thanks honey.
 Our little home for the weekend.  This year we upgraded to a two bedroom and it was so much fun to have the extra space.

 
 
 So cool that there is a sandbox right behind the cabin.  Peanut got to test out his new beach toys he won at the Easter egg hunt a few weeks ago.
Really concentrating on his work.

Love that cape.  He is pretty super.
Baseball practice.  Something about watching them do this almost makes me want to cry it's so sweet.  But I have been told there is no crying in baseball...or hockey. Smile.


This is Yesper.  A little friend Peanut met that was staying in the cabin next to us.  Peanut was so happy to share his toys.
At the playground.  I love this place.  It has just enough camping feel with the added bonus of lots of activities and animals...there is even a water park and mini golf! 
We opted to wait til Peanut was safely asleep to have our campfire.  It was one of my favorite times that weekend.  Best and I talked and laughed and roasted marshmallows and even made popcorn over the fire.  I'm so glad he is my best friend.

 And the next morning we woke up to these delightful waffles.  Tropical waffles with coconut and they were so good.  Best whipped them up and we loved them.

 

It was colder than we would've liked on Saturday but we got out for a bit...


And then we opted for some indoor fun nearby.  We don't like to miss a Children's museum you know!
The grocery store is always a fave for Peanut.  He was so cute and thanked the checker.
Future engineer?
                         This would be fairly easy to make and hours of learning and fun! 
I feel like I have to take a picture when I see one of these...

Best feeding "Duece".  

 There was also a peacock that of course only displayed her feathers the one time I didn't have a camera..you'll just have to trust me and use your imagination!
So unfortunately Sunday was even colder.  I was looking forward to spending the day at the state park and picnicing with my boys...but mother nature did not cooperate.  We went ahead and went to the park and did a few bubbles for Peanut, but then headed back home earlier than we'd planned.


 
 
 


My baby and I on Mother's Day.  I am so lucky to have him.

And here is a quick little family pic we took in the cabin before we packed up.

Cold or not, it was a great trip.  I reminded myself that this was not our last, and that it didn't matter if we had to do a little more indoors than we'd planned because we were together.  And that's the whole point.  Forgetting about everything and everyone else for a bit and just nuturing our little family.  I love us....and you.  Have a great week friends and family!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!