
I got the epidural and was able to sleep through the night. I was so excited when my doctor arrived the next morning and asked if I was ready to push! I was. The same doctor that delivered Peanut was there to deliver our baby girl and it was so special to share the experience with her again. Once again, Best was there encouraging and supporting me and we had a great birth experience. I pushed for about an hour and our little angel was born at 10:18 a.m. She weighed 8lbs 12 oz. When Best announced her name I just couldn't believe it! A girl! We were thrilled. Although we had tried to not get our hopes up, I know we both wanted to get to experience being the parents of both a boy and a girl. Those first few moments were just surreal. Here is the first picture we took:

Here she is getting her newborn tests done. She passed with flying colors scoring a 9 on the apgar like big brother! We are so blessed to have had two healthy babies.
I loved that the nurses didn't whisk her away and that all the tests and her bath were done right in the room. I had missed that part with Peanut and I liked having her near. She was right back in my arms in no time for some newborn bonding and nursing.

More hospital pics:
We were so thankful that baby sister waited until Gammie and Papa were back home from Florida to make her arrival. It was so nice to have them come and stay with Peanut. They brought him up to the hospital the day she was born and I will never forget those first moments when he met his baby sister. Best brought him in and he was so sweet. He looked at her and said "I'm your big brother baby." He gave hugs and kisses and said she was "so nice". He has continued to be so gentle and loving to her. I couldn't be prouder of his kind gentle heart. We brought Sister home on Friday morning and we had decorations, presents, and food waiting for us.

Have a great week friends and family.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!