Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Express

 
The weekend after Thanksgiving we surprised Peanut with a trip to Duluth to ride on the Christmas Express.  We try to do a little special family outing each year around the holidays and since he is so into the Polar Express, we knew this would be a hit.  Here we are at the tracks, right on lake Superior, waiting for our train to arrive.

We were all pretty excited and it was decorated beautifully.  Lots of happy families on board too.

I was sure Sister would sleep through the whole thing, but much to my surprise and delight she did not. She was alert and happy and I'm glad she got to enjoy it too.
We took a short trip past the beautiful lights of the Bentleyville Christmas display...
...and ended up at the train museum.  I think walking into the train museum was the most magical part of the trip for me.  The scene was just beautiful and there was the most amazing live musician with the voice of an angel singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" which just happens to be my favorite!  Peanut was in awe too.  He couldn't believe how big the engines were.



 
Next we listened to a Christmas story, although Peanut was much too interested in all of the train displays to sit still so he and I just wandered around and had the opportunity to explore and look up close.



After the story we got to go aboard one of the big train cars parked inside the museum and got a Christmas Express ornament.  Then we boarded back on our train and headed back to the station where we were greeted with this beautiful scene and some hot cocoa and cookies by the fire.

I love sharing the holidays with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!