Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas This Year...

 
What a wonderful way to celebrate the goodness we've been blessed with this year.  This may sound strange to say, but the timing of Christmas was just perfect this year.  We had done it once before in this house so we had a loose game plan, but it felt brand new again with the addition of Sister to the fun!  And watching them together on Christmas morning was so great.

The picture above was taken on Christmas Eve.  We headed over to Gammie and Papa's for a delicious feast and then back home to snuggle up with some hot cocoa, dessert, and a Christmas movie. After both kids were tucked in dreaming their sugar plum dreams, Best and I got the Santa gifts out and decided to play a little trick on our own little elves...

He didn't waste anytime busting through and it was on to the gifts!  Here is Peanut's gift to Sister.  He wanted her to have her own gingerbread story book and we found a doll to match.  He was so excited to wrap it up for her.  I love his "B" and "H" on the paper.
 
And of course she had some help opening it...
  I must give Peanut a big compliment though.  He was incredibly patient and did allow Sister to open her own gifts, just helping a little asked. 

 
We even stopped to read a new Christmas Pop Up book from Santa.

He was pretty excited about this gift!
Another one of Peanut's favorite gifts came from his sister.  He knew that we were giving her some dollhouses for Christmas and had let me know that he too would like one.  So when he opened this one he was so excited.  He said to his sister, "You knew I wanted this!"  So precious.  They are having so much fun with the 4 little houses total.  They share the furniture and we carry them back and forth between their bedrooms so they can set them up like a little village. 
Me and my babies on Christmas morning. 
Peanut really loves to build things and I always love something to work on together.  I thought this toy looked educational and fun.  We have already built our own working gear system! 
 
This musical pad was a hit with Sister.  It is just right for her stage right now.

 
Peanut is Mandrill monkey obsessed.  Santa brought a few items on this theme and here is the puppet he had named "Boy" because well, he is a boy.  Smile.  He has slept with him every night since.

 


 
 
Here they are dressed and ready to go have more fun at Gammie and Papas house with the cousins.  This foosball game was a gift from the kids to Daddy.  They play it everyday and although Peanut seems to always win, he is a gracious winner always offering an encouraging word to his opponent.  "I won, but you did good too.  Maybe you will win next time."  But she never seems too...


 
This was Christmas Eve right before bed.  After putting milk and cookies out for Santa.  It was an easy bedtime.  They were both tired and fell asleep quickly.  I always enjoy Christmas Eve with Best.  It's fun to set up for the kids and know the fun that awaits them. 

I love Christmas and I love these kids and my Best friend. They are my true gift. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!