Sister actually took her first sled ride that day. She wanted to go so we just took her up the hill a little ways but when she went she got up a pretty good speed! She said she liked it but when asked if she'd like another turn she said, "No, I watch Bubba."
This guy, on the other hand, could sled all day. He gets to the bottom and immediately starts heading back up for another run. He did take a break for a bit so I could take a turn on the saucer though and I must say it was fun!
When he's not on the slopes, Peanut continues to love Legos, and reading of course. He's recently combined these two passions by building props for his stories and then acting them out as Best or I read the story as narration. He gets so excited and he's so creative with his props!
Two weekends ago we went to watch Best's team compete in an outdoor tournament at Centennial Lakes. It was fun to see a little "pond hockey" and the free cocoa and pizza was a nice treat!
Daddy's girl.
Peanut drank so much cocoa that he was in a bit of a panic halfway home on the hour car ride...thank goodness we had to make a Walmart pit stop! On the super cold days...and there have been a few...we are just staying inside doing what we love. Here we are for afternoon stories with one of our favorite books Stone Soup.
Sissy is growing up so fast. She walks around pointing to things and asks "What's this called Mama?" and talks about her friends at "Pre-si-cool", which is funny because since her ecfe class is in the same building as the preschool she has just decided that she must be in preschool too.
And then there's this! Potty trained and sleeping in a big girl bed now. Geesh! But as cute as she was as a baby, I must admit I'm enjoying this stage even more. She can communicate so well now that I can really explain so much to her and understand the things she wants to tell me (which is plenty!). Her favorite joke is to say, "Knock knock, who's there, I'm joking." She says it as one sentence and then cracks up at herself. It's pretty funny.

That's all for now. Lots of things happening around here and I'm determined to keep documenting our lives. I don't want to forget one thing because it's all so special and precious to me. I wake up everyday so happy to spend it with these three people who I love so much. Have a great week and stay warm friends and family!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!