I always feel so fortunate that although we live in a small town we have access to 2 very large cities just about an hour away. Which really isn't too far, when you have coffee and a built in dvd player with headphones, smile. Mall of America is now home to The Crayola Experience and I was so excited that we got to go as a family to check it out.
There were so many different exhibits inside and almost all of them were interactive. And each exhibit had plenty of room for lots of people to be experiencing it at the same time. Here Peanut is controlling his own virtual reality crayon. He enjoyed making it move and dance but he found out if he was still for too long it would fall asleep and snore!
A giant coloring station with more crayolas than I've ever seen before in one place. On the wall behind there was a really cool time line that showed a lot of history of the product and company. Fun facts like how the boxes changed and when and why some colors had to be renamed. One of my favorite parts was the theater that combined video with a live tour guide to take us through the steps of making a Crayola crayon. There's plenty to it! There was also a huge led sign on the wall that was counting in real time the number of crayons ever made! Well, that's what they said anyway...it was a incredibly huge number that I forgot to make note of.
I've seen plenty of projects on Pinterest that involve melting crayons. Thanks but I'd rather drive and pay to let Sis do all that fun right here! She loved dripping it on the paper and watching it build up and cool so she could touch it.

Another project with melted wax.
And this one was a favorite too. The kids each got to make a crayon in the shape of their choice.
That is a racecar in Peanut's hand. I was so happy Best was able to join us not only because it's fun to have him along, but it's nice to have a parent for each child to help with simultaneous projects.
Here is Peanut making his racecar.
This was a favorite of mine and Best's. Electronic drawing pads were provided for you to either free hand or color a provided picture and then watch it come to life on the giant screen. You could also add special effects like twirling or sparkles. We each did several and I wrote a message to each kid.

With your entry ticket you are given several tokens. One choice is to use them to make your own personalized crayon and pick it's name. We had Wild green and Blast off Blue.
The other choice was to purchase Crayola magic dough. We had fun with that too and I'm glad I got a picture of Dad. 
Really a fun outing and we finished it off with lunch in the food court and a stop at the Pop Up Children's Museum playspot where we renewed our membership through summer 2018! Woo Hoo! They open their newly remodled location in April of next year and we are so excited. Glad they have the mall spot to tide us over in the meantime. Thanks Best for trekking along with us on this adventure. It's so much fun when you can join us.
Have a great week friends and family!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!