
Here he is and the look on his face sums it up. He had me take about 10 pictures of him in various positions around the 2 vehicles shown, but this face was pretty much the same in all of them!
Another fun stop was the basement of a little tshirt shop that held this humongous model train display. For a dollar we watched her go round for 10 whole mins! Well, actually I watched for about 2 and then left to do some "Mom shopping" across the street. Smile.
We took some pictures at the same spots we had when we were on our honeymoon. I remember thinking how that time of my life was probably going to be the most exciting ever, and although it was great, having our family of four now makes everyday a million times better.
We stopped for a bite to eat and got to watch a boy take a glass blowing lesson. It was so cool and I would love to try it sometime.
They worked quickly and the kids were really interested in the whole process.
We made it back to the cabin and I took Peanut to the pool while Daddy and Bree had a little rest, then we all met up at the clubhouse for some air hockey.
And a ride on the bar stool.
Back at the cabin we just took time to relax and play, Peanut and I took a nature walk and got some souvenir rocks...
and then we all collapsed in the basement for a bit of hockey to end the day. And again, in full disclosure... I snapped a picture and then went to read my book on the deck until it was time to put the kids down. Thanks Best.
Another good nights sleep and we were up having coffee on the deck. It was hard to leave such a beautiful setting. We had one more night to go on the road and then back to real life...which is also pretty nice so I'm not complaining!The kids did great in the car and we thought about driving through for a few minutes but then decided to stop and break up the trip. Good thing because it gave Peanut another chance to practice his "diving show" in the hotel pool, we went to the mall playplace across the street, had more ice cream, and I bought myself a new book for the rest of the ride!
So there you have it. Another successful vacation in the books. And a 5 year old in the family. I am so thankful for my Best friend who works so hard to provide us with these opportunities for new experiences together. I am thankful for my children who love each other and have fun together when we go places. And I am also thankful that when we get home and things get back to "normal", that these are the same wonderful people I get to live with every day. Have a great week friends and family!











No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know you dropped by and how you are doing!